Ion G Stiharu
Concordia University, Canada
Ion G Stiharu received the Dipl. Eng. and PhD degrees from the Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Romania, 1979 and 1989 respectively. His multidisciplinary expertise in the dynamics of mechanical systems enabled him to develop applications of microsystems in vehicle engineering (intelligent vehicle systems), aerospace applications, bio-medicine, acoustics and vibrations control, DPHM and development of new sensing materials. His interests are focused on diagnostics, prognostics and health monitoring of composite materials and mechanical systems in general, including aircraft structures. He is an established researcher who has published over 300 publications, 3 book chapters, 2 patents pending and numerous industrial technical reports. He is a fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and the Canadian Society of Mechanical Engineers.
Ion G Stiharu's interests are the technology of flight control devices, mechanisms theory - Kinematics and dynamics, mechanical measurements and tolerances.
- Natural Hazards and Disaster Management
- Occupational Health Hazards/ Ergonomic Hazards
- Physical, Biological & Chemical Hazards
- Radiation and Nuclear Hazards
- Anthropogenic, Technological & Sociological Hazards
- Climate-Resilient and Adaptive Infrastructure Systems
- Risk Analysis, Assessment, Management & HAZOP
- Early Warning & Vulnerability Assessment
- Evacuation, Simulation & Design
- Disaster Risk Governance