Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea
Shuping Xiong received his PhD degree in Industrial Engineering (Human Factors and Ergonomics Track) from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) in 2008. He joined Shanghai Jiao Tong University as a faculty member right after his graduation. He is currently an associate professor in the Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), heading the human factors and ergonomics laboratory. His research focuses on digital human modelling and ergonomic product design, fall risk assessment & fall prevention using ICT technologies, human behaviour/performance analysis and modelling. He published over 60 papers in peer-reviewed journals and prestigious conferences, authored 8 book chapters and 5 patents. He has been actively involved in academic community, with present and past roles as associate editor of Journal of physiological anthropology, a board member of ergonomics society of Korea (South Korea), scientific advisory board of AHFE2017, AHFE2018 (USA), technical committee of HCI international 2017, HCI international 2018 and session chairs for many international conferences.
Shuping Xiong's interests are digital human modelling and ergonomic product design human balance and fall risk assessment, fall prevention (especially for the older people) comprehension and design of safety signs Human behaviour, performance analysis and modelling.
- Natural Hazards and Disaster Management
- Occupational Health Hazards/ Ergonomic Hazards
- Physical, Biological & Chemical Hazards
- Radiation and Nuclear Hazards
- Anthropogenic, Technological & Sociological Hazards
- Climate-Resilient and Adaptive Infrastructure Systems
- Risk Analysis, Assessment, Management & HAZOP
- Early Warning & Vulnerability Assessment
- Evacuation, Simulation & Design
- Disaster Risk Governance